Computer Information Systems
CIS/OFA Technologies Instructor
Scott has a Master of Science degree with distinction in Educational and Instructional Technology with a specialization in K-12 and higher education from National University. He is originally from Washington State, receiving his Bachelor of Arts from Western Washington University. He then moved to Blythe in 1996 with a K-12 teaching degree. Scott taught computer, peer counseling, physical education, and AVID courses during his fourteen years at Palo Verde High School. During that time, he served as department chair, coached numerous sports, worked on the Digital High School Grant, oversaw the Carl Perkin's Grant, and earned his Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) certification. He has been teaching courses for Palo Verde College since 1999 and was hired as a full-time instructor in the fall of 2008. While at this college, Scott has created a number of new certificate programs. He is the ISA coordinator and VTEA/CTE coordinator. Scott entered the teaching field because he loves teaching and seeing students succeed. Many of Scott's courses are hands-on and focus on current and emerging technologies.
Students who are interested in pursuing a certificate in the Computer Information Systems (CIS) field at Palo Verde College may click the following links to see the required courses for each program of study.
- Computer Applications Certificate of Preparation
- Management Information Systems Certificate of Career Preparation
- Information Technology Literacy Certificate of Career Preparation
- Graphic Design and Web Content Certificate of Career Preparation
- Computer Animation Certificate of Career Preparation
- Gainful Employment Information - Computer Applications
- Gainful Employment Information - Computer Information Sceince - Web Design
- Gainful Employment Information - Computer Repair