Students > Support Services > EOPS/CARE > Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
EOPS Program Eligibility Requirements | CARE Program | Goals and Objectives | EOPS Inmate Program
EOPS Orientation Quiz | Probation and Disqualification | Frequently Asked Questions | EOPS Calendar of Events
CARE Forms | Early Alert | EOPS Newsletter
The state of California established the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program in the California Community Colleges as a “a unique educational program geared toward the welfare recipient who desires job-relevant education to break the dependency cycle.
What are CARE Eligibility Requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Student receiving CalWORKS/TANF cash aid for themselves and/or for their child(ren) at the time of application for the CARE program.
- Be a single, head of household.
- An eligible full-time EOPS student.
- Be a parent or legal guardian of at least one child under the age of 14
- IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CARE, YOU MUST ALSO
BE ELIGIBLE FOR EOPS
What are CARE Services?
- Cash grants for education-related expenses (above and beyond CalWORK’s and EOPS grants)
- School supplies including notebooks, paper, backpacks, and calculators
- Special counseling and advisement
- EOPS/CARE Club membership including networking, family activities, and support groups
- Referrals to campus and community-based service programs
- Holiday party for parents and children
- Meal vouchers
- Transportation assistance
- Child care assistance
- Textbook assistance
EOPS and CARE financial assistance may be available to CARE students who in addition to meeting all EOPS and CARE program eligibility requirements are financially eligible to receive services. The determination is based on individual student’s financial aid award and the remaining financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Students must have completed all financial aid forms and requirements and have received their Financial Aid Award Notification for remaining need to be determined. All EOPS and CARE awards are contingent upon EOPS/CARE Program funding availability.