Students > Apply/Register > New Student
Step 1. Apply HERE
Step 2. Attend ORIENTATION. Orientation is mandatory unless you’ve received an exemption from your counselor.
Step 3. Apply for Financial Aid HERE.
Step 4. Request your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from previous colleges attended. You will need to fill out a
TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION FORM, if you would like to transfer coursework from another institution to Palo Verde
College. Please allow 8-12 weeks for evaluations to be completed. Be sure to have the college(s) mail your transcripts to:
Attn: Registrar’s Office
Palo Verde College
1 College Dr
Blythe CA 92225
Step 5. Complete the ASSESSMENT TEST.
* Study guides are available. Students who have not completed an assessment test may be prohibited from registering for courses which require a specific math or English level.
* To schedule an appointment for main campus call 760.921.5509 or for Needles’ students call 760.326.5033.
Step 6. Complete an EDUCATION PLAN.
* It is important to schedule an appointment with a counselor at least once a semester. During your counseling appointment, you will have the opportunity to discuss your assessment test results, select your classes, complete an individual Student Education Plan, and identify academic and career plans.
* Educational Plans are required for all students applying for Financial Aid.
* To schedule an appointment for main campus call 760.921.5500 or for Needles’ students call 760.326.5033.
Step 7. EOPS provides additional financial and academic assistance to students that qualify. You can call 760.921.5402 for information.
Step 8. DSPS provides additional services for students with disabilities. Please contact the DSPS office at 760.921.5489 for more information.
Step 9. Student Enrollment Fees HERE
Step 10. Register for classes online HERE
Step 11. Payment for courses can be settled online through your PVC Services account or in person at the main campus or the Needles center.