- It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks for the VA to process your application and to receive your benefits if eligible.
- Students are required by the Department of Veterans Affairs to maintain regular class attendance and satisfactory progress.
- Official Transcripts from ALL other institutions, colleges and technical schools are required by Federal Law to be submitted to Palo Verde College. This includes all training and education received before entering the service as well any training received during service and after discharge, even if VA benefits were not paid for attending the course or program.
- Students must declare a major and are responsible for enrolling in courses required for their major. Failure to take proper courses can lead to a reduction or termination of benefits for that semester. Remember to always check with the Veterans Certifying Official about the courses you are planning to enroll in.
- Students may receive benefits when repeating a course in which a grade of "F" or "NC" was received if that course is required or a prerequisite to a required course. In some cases, a grade of "D" may be repeated and receive benefits if a "C" or better is required. Be sure to check with the Veterans Certifying Official on any courses you are planning to repeat!
- Courses that are less than a semester in length are certified for the exact dates of the course only and not for the entire semester - this can affect your benefit payments. Check with our office before enrolling for short-term courses!
- Our office must report status changes as well as withdrawals immediately to the Department of Veterans Affairs. In order to avoid possible overpayments of benefits and subsequent billing from the VA, it is imperative that students collecting benefits report all changes, withdrawals, etc. immediately to our office so that we can notify the VA.
Veteran Priority Registration
Veterans and current members of the US Armed Forces qualify for Priority Registration.
Important Information regarding your Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 VA benefits and payments!!!
- All students who are receiving either the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty or Selected Reserve benefits MUST verify their enrollment at the end of every month to receive their payments. This needs to be done no earlier than the last day of the month. For example, the month of September, you can verify on Sept. 30th or the beginning of October, but no earlier than the 30th!
- You must do this by either calling 1-877-823-2378 or by using the VA's "WAVE" system (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) at www.gibill.va.gov. Click on "RESOURCES" then select "Verify Attendance (W.A.V.E.)" from the drop down listing.