Registered Nurse (RN)
Spring 2024 RN Program application deadline: October 1 to October 31st, 2023
- Application: RN Program
- RN Prerequisites
- RN Multi-criteria Selection Process
- RN Curriculum Core Classes
- RN Informational Sheet
- RN Application Checklist
- Student Handbook: RN Program
- NUR 268 Transition
- Transcript Evaluation Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Please submit forms to Silvia Lainez email@example.com
When will the application be open?
- Fully Completed Applications can be submitted starting October 1 and last day is October 31st. Please be sure to have fully completed and contact Silvia Lainez in the nursing office. We have a checklist and other valuable information in the bullet points above.
- Twenty (20) students per year. In the future, we plan to have a new class of RN students every year. So, eventually we will have a 1st year and 2nd year group of students.
- Yes, students are required to be up to date with all vaccines and boosters, including COVID 19. This is not up to Palo Verde College; this is mandated by the clinical sites.
- No. However, it is not recommended to bring in science courses much older than that.
- Yes, we will just need the grade prior to getting final approval/acceptance into the program.
- Yes, there will be traveling involved. We have contracts with clinical facilities both in and out of town. Students will have opportunities to develop a club and do fundraising to assist with transportation costs.
- We have multiple contracts for clinical rotations, including Palo Verde Hospital, Chuckawalla Valley State Prison, Ironwood State Prison, El Centro, and Indio.
- No, classes must be in person due to labs and clinicals.
- Not yet. More information to come! We are working with our facilities for their availability.
LVN-RN BRIDGE: Applications are currently open and will close on May 22nd and class starts August 14th, 2023
Will PVC have a bridge/transition program for current LVNs?
- Yes! LVN to RN bridge applications open in June. There may be spots available, but students will go through the multi-criteria selection process, so no spot is guaranteed. Current LVNs need to have all RN prereqs completed, along with passing the LVN RN transition course, before they enter the 2nd year of the program. NUR 268: LVN RN transition course is an 18-week, one semester, long course that is only available in the Fall semester.
- The semester before you would enter the second year of the RN program.
- Yes, if you complete the prerequisites before you begin the program.
How do I know if courses from another school will transfer over as RN prerequisites?
- Please contact our Transcript Evaluator in the Admissions Office.
- No, the prerequisite requires statistics (MAT 106)
- Usually, yes; however, the nursing department will evaluate the course content and collaborate with Admissions and Records to make sure the course is equivalent.
What score do I need on the TEAS?
- We are looking for at least 62% or above, in all areas.
- We will set up dates to take the TEAS, so students do not have to do that on their own, although you may begin taking it now to get the desired score. We will look at your scores to ensure we have the best one.
- If it is within four (4) years, it does not have to be the newest version.
Please contact Celeste Velarde 760.921.5445 | firstname.lastname@example.org or someone in the nursing department for any questions.
More information to follow!!!