Tuition Fee Waiver

The College Tuition Fee Waiver for Veterans' Dependents waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus. This program does not cover expenses like books, housing and parking. To be eligible, the student must:

  • Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
  • Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
  • Be a child earning less than $11,945 per year (student's income, not parents'). Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C disabled veterans.
  • Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
  • The student must meet the in-state residency requirements as determined by the school.
  • Provide proof of the student's relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.

To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact:

Riverside County Veterans Services Office: Indio Office
44-199B Monroe Street,
Indio, CA 92201
PHONE (760) 863-8266
FAX (760) 863-8478

Or access the California Department of Veterans Affairs website.

For complete eligibility information, see page two of the application. You may also download an application form to fill out.

Please note: the form must be submitted to the County Veterans Services Office. Once you're approved and receive the letter from the County Veterans Services, submit that letter to the Palo Verde College Financial Aid Office.